Before we formed a collective we were all working as independent doulas, and we all went through the struggles of being a new doula, trying to find clients, working out how to explain what it is that a doula does, and the loneliness that comes with such a niche vocation.
Since joining forces we have learnt so much from each other and about ourselves and the way that we support women has evolved, and continues to evolve, in huge ways. Having a safe space to debrief what we witness at births and to continually reflect upon our work has been key in being able to continue offering personalised, woman-centred support.
We know that coming into the world of birth work fresh from your training isn’t always easy and it’s hard to know where to turn. There are often tensions between birth workers based on what they are charging or the way they practise, but we understand how important a supportive community is and want to create that space within Greater Manchester (and further afield) so that we can learn from each other and lift each other up.
One-off ‘Holding Space’ Sessions
This would be a 1-hour session, in person or via Zoom, with two of us. The session can be used to talk about anything that is on your mind. This could be;
- Business support – we know how difficult it can be to think of birth work as a business, but there is so much value in what you are doing
- Debriefing your own experiences, or experiences you have witnessed
- A learning opportunity, discussing specific topics
- A space to let out your frustrations about the maternity system
- Grounding yourself after a difficult experience or before a birth
- Space to reflect on your practice and feel heard
£80 per session
Birth Worker Support Package
This is a 3-month package of support, which includes:
- Unlimited ‘holding space’ sessions as described above
- Rewind sessions to process any of your own trauma, in order to better serve women
- A Whatsapp group message with all three doulas where you can ask questions, vent, chat any time
- Access to our resources, books, audio files etc. to share with your clients
- At least one in-person meet-up with all three doulas and other birth workers in the area who wish to attend
- Ongoing mentoring and feedback on your website/social media presence
- A blog post about you and your offerings on our social media platforms to spread the word
- An opportunity to join us in a ‘Facebook Live’ to talk about you and your offerings
£1200 per 3-month package
We are always open to discussing payment plan options so please don’t hesitate to ask us about this.
If you would like to talk to us about our birth worker mentorship services, contact us here.