Elle and Lauren facilitate the Positive Birth Movement Manchester group every month, both as doulas and as women who are passionate about positive birth.
The Positive Birth Movement are a global network of free to attend antenatal groups, linked up by social media. Connecting pregnant women together to share stories, expertise and positivity about childbirth. We aim to challenge the epidemic of negativity and fear that surrounds modern birth, and help change birth for the better.
We believe that every woman deserves a positive birth.
We think a positive birth means:
- Women are where they want to be
- Choices are informed by reality not fear
- Women are listened to and treated with respect and dignity
- Mothers are empowered and enriched
- Memories are warm and proud
We aim to:
- Challenge the culture of negativity and fear that exists around birth
- Share positive birth experiences
- Share information about choices and rights in childbirth
- Encourage women to raise their expectations of childbirth
Whether you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or have a positive birth story to share, you are more than welcome to join us.
When: Last Friday of every month, 10.30am – 12pm
Where: Westcroft Community Centre, Burnage, M20 6EF